Are You Autumn Ready?
In case you hadn’t already guessed from the darker evenings, slight chill in the air and the jumpers coming out of hibernation, autumn is upon us and winter is not far behind. If you are looking to make your home stand out to sell, take a look at our top tips for this autumn.
Set those outside lights
– darker evenings mean you need to turn on your outdoor lights or amend the time they come on. If you are selling your home, it is important that you do this so that potential buyers can see your home when viewing.
Create a cosy feeling
– keep your house warm by shutting the windows, investing in some thick curtains and keeping the heating on when you are out and have viewings booked in. Make sure any tiles, fascias, all that planned DIY that didn’t get done over the summer is fixed and prepped, you don’t want half the porch half way down the road after a gust of wind!
Put outdoor furniture away
– we hate to say it but you’re probably not going to need that BBQ and garden furniture for a while now, so store it somewhere safe and secure, this will prevent weather damage and help to declutter.
Check for drafts
– check your windows and doors for any drafts and if there are any get these sorted before the colder, windier weather really kicks in!
– keep on top of falling leaves and clear the debris from paths and gutters, this is especially important if you’re selling your home as you don’t want potential buyers slipping over.
– autumn offers the perfect opportunity for some autumnal cooking, whip up some bread or chilli to really make your house smell amazing.
Think about your viewings
– As it gets darker earlier, if you have any dark corners in your home consider some extra temporary lighting to brighten things up.
INTERIOR TRENDS 2019 –
It wouldn’t be autumn without a nod to tartan. Every season has its stereotypical touches, and while a staged, predictable setting of log fire, plaid blanket and cushions, autumn leaves colour palette and woodland animal motif is something to avoid, there is nothing wrong with including an aspect or two of something traditionally seasonal.
Thinking of buying or selling? – if you’ve been thinking of moving, now is the time to start looking if you would ideally like to be moved before Christmas. Start your search for a property here .
Lovett LASTEST NEWS
It is an extremely difficult time for everyone in the UK as the country goes into another Lockdown. Boris Johnson has announced a set of new national restrictions for England, similar to the March 2020 lockdown. However, unlike the first lockdown, the housing market is to remain open for business. Government advice on home moving […]
Bournemouth Estate Agents, Lovett have teamed up with Wave 105 Radio to support their Mission Christmas, CashForKids campaign. 2020 has changed everything. As families unexpectedly face poverty, more and more children could be waking up on Christmas Day without anything under the tree. You can help them have a better Christmas by donating a gift […]
Lovett OUR BRANCHES
214 Ashley Road
Poole BH14 9DS
455 Christchurch Road
716 Christchurch Road
936 Christchurch Road